Supply chain management software
Supply Chain Management – SCM as its name suggests, supports the management of the flow between areas in the supply chain. This tool is intended to allow planning, realizing, and monitoring of the supply chain, streamlining not only the flow of information but also goods and services. The whole process of data and funds management is applicable from the purchase of raw materials up to the delivery of the end product to its destination.
Very often supply chain is epitomised by logistics. However, logistics is one of the elements of the chain. Actually, SCM is a wide group of functionalities that can be used by all involved parties – e.g. in the creation of products, fulfilment of orders, and information tracking.
The supply chain operations include orders, product management, planning, logistics, and order management.
How supply chain management works?
Supply chain management covers the production process of goods or services. The process refers to the purchase of raw materials as well as their delivery to a customer. Therefore, the company creates the network – or in other words, the supply chain – through which delivers products from suppliers to particular organisations and the end consumers.
Optimization of the supply chain consists of five key components:
- planning – mainly resources which should satisfy the needs and expectations of the end consumers;
- sourcing – selecting suppliers who should receive the final product. At this stage it is essential to implement relationship monitoring as well as stock management and supplier authorization;
- manufacturing – activities that allow quality control, packaging, and drawing up schedules;
- delivering – as well as logistics, coordination of orders, and invoicing;
- returning – the system allowing efficient acceptance of complaints and returned products.
SCM – advantages
SCM brings plenty of benefits to your company, for instance:
- easy and global planning of product or service demand;
- identification and improvement of so-called bottlenecks;
- delivery route optimization;
- efficient and effective planning;
- manufacturing capacity;
- supply production and transportation planning;
- defining the limitations.
Take advantage of those benefits by implementing a Supply Chain Management tool.. Contact our team to get more information on possibilities and functionalities.